Secure Remote Access For Third Parties
A Single, Easy-To-Use Platform That Provides Secure Remote Access to Vendors
Current methods fail to properly secure third party remote access by identifying each individual, controlling their access, and auditing their activity.
With SecureLink, you have a single platform for all third party access, with individual credentials, control over access, and audit of all activity.
What Is Secure Remote Access?
In today’s business environment, remote access to systems, data, and servers is a common and necessary occurrence. This remote access can be for employees, who are working from home or distributed remotely, and it can also be for third parties, such as contractors, technology vendors, business partners, and consultants.
While remote access can be provided in a variety of ways, the most common method is via VPNs or virtual private networks. This method works particularly well for employees, known and trusted, who need access to the corporate network to perform their job.
However, while that may be somewhat efficient, the security of this method, and many others, starts to weaken when it comes to third parties. They often fail to provide secure authentication, full control, complete visibility. To fully secure the remote access of third parties, additional measures are needed. Specifically, a secure remote access method should:
- Identify and authenticate the individual who is accessing your network
- Support the protocols that your third parties need, and encrypt their traffic
- Control when and what they can access
- Audit all activity of their access
Why Does Secure Remote Access Matter?
If you’re realizing you don’t have all of those 4 key elements in place, but are wondering if it’s worth the effort and investment to make those changes, consider the potential costs of failing to do so. From reputational damage to regulatory fines to loss of customer trust, future business, and intellectual property – the costs can be widespread and high. In fact, the average cost of a data breach is $3.92M. If that weren’t enough, a data breach originating from a third party is both more likely and costly: 63% of data breaches come from a third party, and a data breach that originated via a third party costs an organization an additional $370,000. In short, you can’t afford not to secure the remote access of your third parties.
What To Look For In A Secure Remote Access Method:
Often individual identification is a key element to meet regulatory requirements and general security best practices. You need to know who is in your network, and ensure that the person with access is who they say they are, and that they should even have access (unlike, a bad actor or external hacker). At minimum, this should include:
- Individually identified accounts
- Multi-factor authentication
- Current employment verification
Get a Personalized Demo
Experience SecureLink's access management platforms for yourself. Fill out this form, and a SecureLink team member will reach out to you to set up a personalized demo so you can see our critical access management solutions in action. In this demo, you'll walk through:
- Your specific security and access management needs
- A customized demo of the Enterprise Access, Customer Connect, Access Intelligence, or Privacy Monitor platform
- The implementation process which includes a dedicated project manager, server configuration, workflow consulting, and administrator training
- Deployment options, such as cloud or on-premise, to fit your requirements
- SecureLink's pricing and subscription options